Sunday, June 22, 2008

Day 4: AWESOME CROSSING!






Okay.... we worried so much about crossing the border and it took the total time of 5 Minutes..... thanks to the wise sense of selling our shotgun prior to leaving! YEAAAA! What a relief! No unpacking had to be done. The guard was very nice and generous to us! Didn't get his name but a quick shout out to him....THANK YOU MR. BORDER CROSSING MAN! So we are in Red Deer, Alberta Canada. We stayed at a Western Budget Hotel last night and it was AMAZING! We were able to get a huge Jacuzzi room for only $99. (for those who don't know yes Grandpa gets his own room too!) Joshua was freaking out excited that there was this HUGE bathtub in the middle of our bedroom. He came into the room dropped his bag, got naked, and crawled in before I even had my bags set down. BUT the funniest part of this story is, he asked for bubbles, I had no idea that a Jacuzzi bathtub should NEVER have bubble bath put in it..... Lets just say I do now. There was 10 inches of bubbles on the top of that tub before I could do anything about it. OOPPPS! Yes maybe I had a blonde moment! This trip is about making memories and we sure did last night with the mega bubble bath! Yesterday we traveled through Calgary, beautiful city but CRAZY driving! I thought for a minute we might be in a Grand Prix. The trailer I am towing (Josh's homemade delight I have nick-named the loose caboose) Sways about 1 foot to each side when it is not completely lined up with the back of the truck. With this I always stay to the right and let it sway into the shoulder... no problem. Well through Calgary it was 4-5 lanes of solid traffic going about 80 MPH ( remember we can only go about 50-55mph) and the far right lane was constantly exiting, thus leaving us to drive right in the middle. We made it through but I think I left my hand prints indented on the steering wheel. AND to find out Josh was trying to take pictures driving through it! ( I didn't find that out until much later...) So this morning we are off and are trying to make it to Grande Praire. We will officially be on the Alaskan Highway sometime tomorrow. We are so excited and hope to stop and truly experience the highway as we drive up it. Check out yesterdays pics and we will post again tonight. Love to all--- 3J's & Grandpa!

No comments: